16/07/2014

Music

Neverwinter's soundtrack is pretty good. Not amazing, but it does a good job at conveying the general mood of the MMO, which I would describe as somewhat serious and heroic but also optimistic and light-hearted at its core. Here's a playlist of the base game's soundtrack on YouTube.

One of my favourites is the Protector's Enclave theme, which is something you obviously hear a lot, seeing how it plays in the game's main hub. It's fairly short, but also cheerful and catchy.

The soundtrack for newer parts of the game seems to be harder to find online for some reason. I was quite surprised that I was unable to locate a version of the theme that plays in Caer-Konig in Icewind Dale for example, which is another cheerful and catchy tune but with a Nordic-sounding twist.

In the end I went so far as to record and upload it to YouTube myself. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful clear track! What do you use to get such clarity? It's beautiful. Thanks...! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was actually just recorded in-game with Fraps... :)

      Delete